Lorena

Saturday, June 10, 2006

To be honest, it feels kinda wierd...

Everyone has been asking me lately how i feel about this whole situation. Graduating, going to texas, and so on. And it isn't easy for me to answer. It all just feels overall wierd.

For over a decade, my life has been the ABC.

I spend hours each afternoon and evening doing homeworks and studying for tests. I spend more time at school then at home. My schedule is based around school events and due dates. All of my friends are students at the ABC or alumni.

All of my problems, my ups and downs were somehow related to school or to people i knew for school. And all of my goals were also related to school, such as becoming a prefect and getting good grades.

I guess at the end you can say i got most of what i wanted, with hard work i managed to work my way up. Even got elected student council rep. of my class, something i've been wanting since 6th grade.

The ABC stood for what i was, i could identify myself with the school, I belonged there even if I didn't quite fit in.

And now that I graduated, I don't really belong anywhere. I feel empty inside, in a way i can't quite describe.

Some people say this is when your life really starts. Yet i don't see it that way. I lived so many experiences, with different people and different situations that helped me learn and grow.. if I say that college is when life begins, it would be as if saying that you don't live when your in highschool.

So instead I'm calling this a new chapter. And at the moment, and for the next few weeks, I find myself in that empty white page that separates one chapter from the next, where I don't even know the title of chapter that's comming.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home